Stillmaster Of The Year
Be part of the annual nationwide craft distillers awards.
All entries are judged by experienced commercial distillers and a trade expert. Each entry is appraised, scored with comments and feedback.
Novices and hobbyists are welcome.
All Gold, Silver and Bronze winning entries will receive a certificate.
All Best in Class winners will receive a product prize and their entry go on to be judged against all other Best in Class entries to determine the Stillmaster of the Year Award.
The Stillmaster of the Year will receive a trophy, certificate, prize pack and a $500 voucher for travel or fuel.
Entries close on 31st October each year with results published in the December TSSN Newsletter.
We ask that the Stillmaster of Year writes an article for the next newsletter explaining his/her winning entry.
STILLMASTER COMPETITION RULES
- 1. Entries must be in bottles, either glass or PET of at least 50ml
- 2. All bottles must be labelled with your name, address and phone number along with the class you have entered
- 3. Entries must be made from spirit produced by the entrant
- 4. Every entry must contain at least one Hauraki Brewing ingredient (yeast, flavour, oak etc from Spirits Unlimited, Gold Medal, Gold Medal Collection or Heritage flavours, or any product from Hauraki Brewing) Please state on your label which ingredient was used.
- 5. Labels must not carry actual or similar names to common brands
- 6. Classes are Malt Whiskey, Bourbon, Dark Rum, Gold Rum, White Rum, Gin including flavoured Gin, Vodka, Flavoured Vodka, Liqueur (non cream)
- 7. Maximum of two entries per class